During the regular meeting of the Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District on May 9, the board recessed to present resolutions of commendation to National and State Skill Competition winners at a reception held on the Buckeye Hills campus for the students, their parents and advisors.
The following students were recognized:
BPA: National Ambassador Torch Award: Carlie Bethel (MOA/VCHS) and Caleb Carter (MOA/OHHS).
GALLIA ACADEMY FFA (Ag Ed/GAHS) Agribusiness Star: Jordan Johnson; 2nd Place Beef Proficiency: Jordan Johnson; American FFA Degree: Kaleb Crisenbery; State FFA Degree: Cody Brumfield, Katie Carpenter, Derek Henry, Ethan Mays, Abigail McKean-Cremeans, Clay Montgomery and Jamie Steger; State Poultry Proficiency: Kyle Greenlee.
GALLIA ACADEMY FFA MIDDLE SCHOOL DIVISION: (Ag Ed/GAMS): 1st Place Middle School Division General Livestock – Individual: Beau Johnson; 2nd Place Middle School Division General Livestock Team: Dylan Brumfield, Makenna Caldwell, Bryce Hines and Beau Johnson.
JACKSON FFA (Ag Ed/JHS) State FFA Degree: Lauren Gardner
OAK HILL FFA (Ag Ed/OHHS) State FFA Degree: Gwendolyn Erwin and Kyler Russ.
SkillsUSA 1st Place American Spirit Team: Briana Cain (PCT/RVHS), Kyle Creech (BT I/OHHS), Breanna Harrison (PCT/RVHS) Tierra Waugh (DHO/SGHS); 1st Place Occupational Health & Safety – Single Team: Josh Blevins (HVAC I/OHHS), Logan B. Rose (HVAC I/WHS), April Sherwood (HVAC I/GAHS), Alex Slone (HVAC I/RVHS); 1st Place Occupational Health & Safety – Multi Team: Marshall Brock Dulaney (HVAC II/JHS), Keyan Jenkins (AST I/OHHS), Jax McQuaid (HVAC II/GAHS) Derek Miller (HVAC II/JHS); 1st Place Outstanding Chapter Team: Brianna Farley (PCT/JHS), Dezerrae Nelson (COS I/OHHS), Gwendolyn Orender (COS II/JHS), Logan Rose (BT I/GAHS), Garrett Shively (WLD I/JHS); 1st Place Medical Terminology: Olivia Adkins (PCT/JHS), 2nd Place Plumbing: Robert Hammond (HVAC I/JHS); 3rd Place Job Skill Demo A: Tyler Humphrey (HVAC II/GAHS).
DURING THE REGULAR SESSION:
In the Adult Education department, the Board:
- Awarded part-time, hourly contracts to the following: Danielle Bryant, Joshua Davies, Terri Rees and Janis Thomas.
- Accepted Winda Joseph’s resignation effective on May 4, 2018.
- Adopted the 2018-2019 Adult Center Calendar.
- Granted authority to the Superintendent to employ student participants in the WIO Year-round Youth experience for Jackson and Vinton Counties.
In Personnel matters, the Board:
- Employed Timothy J. Howard as Advanced Robotic Manufacturing Systems Instructor beginning with the 2018-2019 school year.
- Granted a limited Supplemental Contract for the 2017-2018 school year for the following: Timothy Howard (2 days) and Tracey Hunt (10 days).
- Approved the following certificated personnel contracts for the 2018-2019 school year: (One Year) Jamie Bartee, Duane Bing, Michael Brace, Michael Clark, Morgan Daniels, Katherine Dickson, Tyler Duncan, Nathan Harvey, John Hughes, Jeremy Peck, Jason Stout, Mack Thompson; (Two-Year)Shaun Northup, Autumn Perkins; (Three-Year) Jennifer Bonzo, Mark Chaney, Lewis Hamilton, Rosalie Harper, Joy Poe, Brandon Potter, Randall Simmering, Carrie Williamson; (Continuing) Cassidy Massie, Jared Taylor.
- Approved limited supplemental contracts for the 2018-2019 school year for the following personnel: (1 day) Tim Bartee, Mark Chaney, Tracy French, Pam Hager; (4 days) Cassidy Massie, Laura Roth, Mack Thompson; (5 days), Nathan Harvey; (6 days) Robin Schoonover; (8 days) Justy Burleson, Sue Burleson, Randy Hamilton Tim Howard; (15 days) Tim Henderson, Tracey Hunt, Ellen McCabe; (40 days) Michael Clark, Katherine Dickson; (51 days) Matthew Bennett, Jerrod Ferguson.
- Approved the following non-certificated personnel contracts for the 2018-2019 school year: (Two Year) Kathy Stanley; (Continuing) Camille Isaac, Karlita Stump; (Casual) Franklin Frantom.
- Approved the following administrative contracts: Two-Year: Lorna Atkins, Lori Hilderbrant; Three-Year: Leesa Lewis.
- Employed the following substitute certificated personnel for the 2018-2019 school year: Heather Borghese, Stanton Burdette, Carla Cecil, Ralph Crabtree, Jane Dunn, Bradley Fisher, Sharelle Gerstenberger, David Hollis, Mike Jenkins, Roy Jones, Jennifer Littlejohn, Thomas Meadows, John Milhoan, Laura Miller, Deborah Moore, Larry Reese, Stephen Sparling, Ralph Stover, Barbara Taylor, Rondall Walker, Teresa Woods.
- Employed the following substitute non-certificated personnel for the 2018-2019 school year: (Aide) Donna Barcus, Tracy Carter, Garnet Keels, Jennifer Littlejohn, Pamela Markham, Carlene Materne, Cynthia Siciliano, Brandi Stump; (Bus Driver) Keith Blankenship, Jennifer Bonzo, Michael Clark, Jerrod Ferguson, Garnet Keels, George McGraw, Robin Schoonover, Rebecca Stump, Tim Updike, Rondall Walker; (On-Board Bus Driver Instructor) Tim Updike; (Van Driver) Cynthia Siciliano; (Cook) Garnet Keels, Cynthia Siciliano, Brandi Stump; (Custodian) Randy Baker, Franklin Frantom, Gregory Holcomb, Ronald Malone, Daniel Martyn, George McGraw, Larry Reese, Brenda Whittaker; (Secretary/Clerk) Brooke Garrett.
In other matters, the Board:
- Granted permission to participate in the State and Federal School Lunch Program for the 2018-2019 school year and authorized the Treasurer to solicit bids and quotations for milk and bread products.
- Adopted the 2018-2019 Buckeye Hills High School Calendar.
- Adopted textbooks.