In recognition of Home Care and Hospice Month, local proclamations have been made at county commissioner’s offices. These proclamations proclaim that:
- Home care, hospice and palliative care empower people to live as fully as possible, surrounded and supported by family and loved ones, despite serious and life-limiting illness;
- Home care, hospice and palliative care bring patients and family caregivers the highest quality care delivered by an interdisciplinary team of skilled professionals that includes physicians, nurses, social workers, therapists, counselors, health aides, spiritual care providers and others who make the wishes of each patient and family a priority;
- Through pain management and symptom control, caregiver training and assistance, and emotional and spiritual support, allowing patients to live fully up until the final moments, surrounded and supported by the faces of loved ones, friends, and committed caregivers;
- Each year, home care, hospice saves Medicare more than $2 billion by providing solutions for physicians, care to patients and comfort to families anywhere, at any time.
- Every year more than 1.65 million Americans living with life-limiting illness, and their families, received care from the nation’s home care, hospice programs in communities throughout the United States;
- More than 450,000 trained volunteers contribute 21 million hours of service to home care, hospice programs annually;
- Home care, hospice and palliative care providers encourage all people to learn more about options of care and to share their wishes with family, loved ones, and their healthcare professionals;
Holzer has been providing home health services for more than 30 years, and are proud that we have consistently received high marks for quality care and patient satisfaction. Trust Holzer Home Care to provide you with quality, compassionate home care services including skilled nursing care, aide services, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. Holzer Home Care provides services in Athens, Gallia, Jackson, Lawrence, Meigs, Pike, Ross, Scioto, and Vinton counties in Ohio and Mason County, West Virginia.
Holzer Hospice is a licensed, certified hospital program, overseen by a physician, offering pain and symptom relief, and emotional and spiritual support for patients who have a serious illness, when full recovery is not possible. Hospice offers needed caring and compassion, personal in home assistance, bereavement counseling, and medical supportive care. It can make the difference between a painful, difficult time, and a time of personal comfort, needed care, and an understanding friend. Holzer Hospice serves patients with a life-limiting illness, regardless of ability to pay in Athens, Gallia, Jackson, and Meigs Counties in Ohio. At Holzer Hospice, our services include:
- Regular consultations with attending physicians and the hospice medical director in order to ensure each patient with quality, comfort care.
- Evaluation by registered nurses for symptom management.
- Home Health Aides provide personal care, homemaker services, and respite for the caregiver.
- Licensed Social Workers provide assistance with emotional support, counseling, and assistance with community resources.
- Trained volunteers assist with errands, household tasks, companionship for patient or caregiver, and/or respite for the caregiver.
- Bereavement or aftercare services to provide emotional support and grief education for families up to 13 months after being bereaved.
- Spiritual support provided by our hospice Chaplain and volunteers.