Vocational School Board Holds Regular Meeting
The Board of Education of the Gallia-Jackson-Vinton Joint Vocational School District held their regular meeting on December 13, 2017.
DURING THE REGULAR SESSION:
In the Adult Division, the Board:
- Awarded part-time, hourly contracts for Roger Deardorff, Barbie Johnson, John Payne and Rose Rearly.
- Accepted Lori Hilderbrant’s resignation of her current hourly contract, effective January 1, 2018.
- Accepted Cheryl Dickinson’s resignation, effective on January 1, 2018.
In Personnel matters, the Board
- Approved a One-year Administrative Contract for Lori Hilderbrant as the Surgical Technology Coordinator, effective January 1, 2018.
- Approved limited supplemental contracts for Duane Bing, Michael Brace, Nathan Harvey and Jason Stout.
- Employed the following substitute teachers: William Plants, Dennis Saunders and Stephen Sparling.
In other matters, the Board:
- Scheduled the Organizational and regular January Board of Education meetings for January 10, 2018.
- Authorized the Treasurer to purchase membership with the Ohio School Boards Association and OSBA Legal Association.
- Granted permission to make application and accept funds that may be awarded to the District with the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA) Regional Job Training Program Grant.
- Approved a three-year agreement with the Buckeye Hills Teachers Association.
- Approved a three-year agreement with the Buckeye Hills Support Staff Association.